Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Small world....

So I was at the Italian Food and Wine Show and I met a great couple who runs a wine business/coaching/education business named TWC Wine Imports.  We start talking about Italian wines, I mentioned how I was just in Italy and so do they, we talk about what wineries we visited and I mention a small boutique winery in Castellina in Chianti named Poggio Amorelli.  Turns out they had just been there the week before so we spend 10 minutes talking about Marco, the family, the dog, the horse...The point is you have to visit this small family run winery to understand how special it is.  I have been to several wineries but this one, I don't know why was just special, it's like there was magic in the air.  Marco comes out to greet us and even though he is well over 40 I am so drawn to him, something about him is just so attractive...maybe the fact that he makes wine for a living but that is besides the point.  He is so captivating and most importantly passionate about what he does.  We go for a little tour and sit down at long wooden tables and benches for the tasting.  One sip and I am hooked, Jael and I look at eachother and we are hooked.  We order a case to be shipped back to Canada. 

Poggio Amorelli





Poggio Amorelli Chianti Classico, DOCG (my personal favourite)




So next time you are in Castellina in Chianti check out this place, it's worth the trip.  You will sample 5 of their wines, olive oil, grappa with amazing homemade salami and fresh pecorino cheese.  As I said, I don't know what they put in their wine but there is something about this place that is just special...see for yourselves.

L
xo   

No comments:

Post a Comment