Sunday, September 20, 2009

Uncertainty...

This is the first time in my life that I have had no idea what I will be doing next week, in a month, two months....and although it's liberating it's getting me nervous.  What if nothing works out?  There are zillions of people out there who love to cook, honestly, what makes me any different.

Even if nothing works out I will always be the #1 cook for the family.  Last night we hosted a celebration for my parents' 30th wedding anniversary.  My favourite part is planning the menu so here it is:

Appetizer
Tuscan Antipasto: Bresaola, Proscuitto, various Pecorino cheeses, olives, bread
 Cristal Champagne, 1993



Primi Piatti
Spaghetti, pancetta, garlic, tomato, basil, Grano Padano
Chianti Castello Poppiano, 2004

Secondo
Braised veal, white wine, capers, onions, pimentos, sage
Red potatoes, rosemary, black pepper
Zuchinni, basil
Montepulciano d'Abruzzo, 2000




Dolci
Peach clafouti crostata/shortbread crust
Vanilla bean ice cream
Limoncello



It was great, I never use a recipe so it wouldn't be fair to post one up, have you try it and then complain...maybe I should try writing stuff down...what a concept.

L
xo





No comments:

Post a Comment